The Omicron Phi Lambda Educational Foundation annual Valentine’s Gala on Saturday February 12th, 2022, which will be held at the luxurious Atlanta Marriott in Buckhead, is an opportunity to simultaneously express your love for that special person and your love for supporting youths, as all proceeds from this rewarding and beautiful evening of elegance go toward scholarships for high school seniors of metro Atlanta. Your tax-deductible support of this cause is critical—you are assisting the next generation of leaders—and speaks to your giving heart. Thank you
OPL’s many philanthropic deeds include:
- Providing more than $300,000 in college scholarships to more than 400 students in metro Atlanta.
- Mentoring hundreds of young male scholars at Fulton Leadership Academy and Westlake High School through its Alpha Academy and Alpha Esquire programs.
- Educating young men through Project Alpha on personal responsibility, skill-building, teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted disease and other dynamics around growing into manhood.
- Donated to organizations that support the homeless, including the Gateway Center and Love Beyond Walls, among many others.
- Creating a Digital Black Book, a website and app that serves as a directory of Black-owned businesses in South Fulton to help bolster their sustainability during the pandemic.
- Executing “Chat With The Frat,” an eight-week online series that helped families navigate the dramatic life changes that came with the coronavirus pandemic. Brothers from the chapter who are social worker professionals, psychologists, medical doctors, public health experts, among other disciplines, led the informative discussions.
- Reading to students at Asa G. Hilliard Elementary School in its Reading To Kids Program, as a way of encouraging books and reading.
- Registering eligible high school students across a number schools to vote in the last election cycle.
- Leading education discussions on newly installed voting machines at Clark Atlanta University.
- Organizing with other organizations political forums featuring local politicians, allowing citizens to address their concerns to office-holders.
- Adopting a stretch of Fairburn Road in South Fulton to maintain and beautify in the Adopt A Road program.
- Participating and donating yearly to the March of Dimes and March for Babies events for cancer research.
- Leading two young men to the high honor of Eagle Scouts–including the first in the entire Southeast region of Alpha–from Troop 1906, OPL’s Boys Scouts of America troop.